Just Published! Gifted Education Press Announces a Unique Book for Gifted Students and Their Teachers
Please see our Web Site for more details – www.giftededpress.com
Solar Power, Fuel Cells, Wind Power and Other Important Environmental Studies for Upper Elementary and Middle School Gifted Students and Their Teachers
A Technology, Problem-Solving and Invention Guide
Harry T. Roman
Technology and Engineering Educator
East Orange, New Jersey
COST: $20.00 + $2.00 (10% P&H). Total = $22.00
· Written by a design engineer with extensive experience in teaching at the public school and college levels. The author is primarily concerned with teaching students How to Think and Solve Problems. This overriding concern is reflected in great detail in each chapter!
· An excellent resource for use in Differentiated Technology and Design Units, Programs and Courses.
· Addresses many current Environmental Issues such as the use of Solar Energy, Wind Power and Fuel Cells, and the Recycling Waste Products. The chapters on these issues and many others contain fascinating, thought-provoking problems for students to work on Individually and in Teams.
· This book is an outstanding resource for use in Technology, Creative Problem-Solving, and Design and Invention competitions such as Science Fairs, Odyssey of the Mind, Future Problem Solving International, and Invention Convention.
· Contains an extensive Bibliography of relevant books, periodicals and Web Sites.
· The Fourteen Enriched Chapters in Harry’s book are designed to stimulate the Imaginations and Problem-Solving Skills of gifted students. The chapters are: Solving Problems: A Quick Reflection; About Technology Education; Technology – History – Economy – Society Connection; Building Critical Career Skills While Still in School; Solar Power: Here Comes the Sun; Fuel Cells: An Exciting, New, Clean Energy Option; Wind Power: The Fastest Growing Alternate Energy Technology; Archaeological Investigations of Garbage; Organizational Skills: Teaching Timelines; Creative Communications: A Portal to Invention; The Internet: You Ain’t Seen “Nuttin” Yet; Creative Makeovers in Your School; More Communications “Stuff”; Edison’s Hands: Study of a Genius of Technology and Invention.
· Four Appendices are also included: I- Keeper of the Flame; II-Some Thoughts on Creativity; III-Why We Compute; IV-The Learning Corporation.
· Order this fascinating book today! You will like it and so will your gifted students!
SEND YOUR CHECK OR PURCHASE ORDER TO: GIFTED EDUCATION PRESS; 10201 YUMA COURT; P.O. BOX 1586; MANASSAS, VA 20108. TELEPHONE -- 703-369-5017.
Email: email@example.com ALL ORDERS UNDER $50.00 MUST BE PREPAID. THANKS!
Click Here to See the Table of Contents.
Click Here to See Information About the Author.
Read Some Sample Pages.
See Information on Harry's BRAND-NEW MASTERPIECE: Energizing Your Gifted Students’ Creative Thinking & Imagination
Return to Gifted Education Press HomePage.